Monday, September 5, 2011

Blog Awards

Who knew there was so much more to being a writer that writing?! Building a platform is just as important these days as polishing a manuscript. There are so many great resources out there for aspiring writers to build an online presence and I feel like I'm barely keeping up! Rachael Harrie runs a great platform building campaign twice a year to help writers connect to one another and build a web presence. It's a great opportunity, but I knew that I wouldn't have the time to dedicate to the campaign this time around.

That being said, I've still felt the love from the writing community. Two of my blog followers - Megan at Paws, Fangs and Smiles and Lyla at Lyla Writes gave me my first blog awards!

So thank you, Megan for the Liebster Award!


The Liebster Award is "to showcase bloggers with less than 200 followers." After receiving the award, bloggers are asked to pass it along to five other bloggers with less than 200 followers. I'm going to take this opportunity to give a shout out to some of my fellow Amazon Breakthrough Novel Award writers:

Thanks for all the ABNA encouragement and I look forward to seeing us all in bookstores some day!

I also want to thank Lyla for Versatile Blogger and Irresistibly Sweet Blog Awards.



The rules for these two awards are:

1) Thank and link to the person who nominates you.
2) Share seven random facts about yourself.
3) Pass the award to five more blogger friends.
4) Contact and congratulate the blogs nominated.

I'm going to pass these along to:

Leigh Ann Kopans (my awesome crit partner!) - Because of the wide range of posts she manages to write every week! Always something new and exciting! www.leighannkopans.com
Rachel McClellan - Because she has done so much to help out other writers - www.blackbirdinmywindow.blogspot.com
Ladonna Watkins - Because she's a fellow SoCal writer! - www.sweetfeat400.blogspot.com
Chanelle Gray - Because she has great book reviews - www.chanellegray.blogspot.com
The Query Goblin - Because she's awesome and helped me with my query SO MUCH - www.querygoblin.blogspot.com
Casey McCormick - Because she has gathered the most helpful collection of links on agents - www.caseylmccormick.blogspot.com

I will post my seven random facts later this week!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the award! And congrats for all of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Chanelle and you're welcome! Thanks so much for your great blog!

    ReplyDelete