Thursday, May 16, 2019

An Update

Well, hello, dear readers!

It's been more than three years since my last post here. I'm not even sure how that happened. In that time, I saw The Trick to Landing published and contributed a short story to Coming Home, a beautiful anthology centered around adoption. I lost my day job, found a new job, lost that job and am now getting ready to start yet another job. My youngest started elementary school. I moved. Twice. My husband lost his job and went back to working freelance. A whole bunch of my closest friends have moved out of state. I destroyed a couple of hard drives and an entire MacBook. In all, it's been a wild couple of years.

It seems like I might finally be moving out of survival mode. Not that much of anything has actually changed. Except me. At 36, I might actually know who I want to be when I grow up. I'm finding balance and clarity and purpose in new ways. Since the new year, I've actually been reading again! I've been writing more. I actually passed the 3/4 point in the middle grade manuscript I've been working on for years. My creativity is slowly but surely coming back.

And I've been blogging more about life and family and faith and community. There's been a lot on my heart and mind through all of the restructuring in my life. Blogging has always been a great outlet, but this didn't feel like the right space. (If you want to read those posts, go here: https://radicallyrooted.blogspot.com/)

I hope to have more updates in the future. I hope this really is a new start. And I hope I can encourage all of you. There are ugly seasons. Seasons of heartbreak and pain and the crippling weight of loss. But time also moves forward and no season lasts forever. Hold on to hope. There's still life ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment