Wednesday, August 8, 2012

LOOK Meme

I've been tagged by Feaky Sucker for a meme on her blog called LOOK!

If you are tagged, do a search for the word "look" in your work in progress. Copy that paragraph, along with surrounding paragraphs, to your blog, to keep the game afloat. Don't forget to tag others.

So here's a little bit from The Lightning Prince. I think this will stay, even though I've realized I'm trying to write two books instead of one. Sigh. Too many ideas, too little time. And this pregnancy is stealing all my writing time!

--

Their feet slipped on the muddy ground, unable to find traction in the sodden grass. Wincing, Cambria braced herself to keep him upright. A violent flash of lightning lit the stranger’s face. He was younger than she first thought. Not a man. A boy. In terrible pain.

“My house is close,” Cambria said. “I can take you inside.”

He shook his head, trying to pull away and succeeding in falling again.

Cambria knelt before him. “I’m sorry. I have to. I can’t see here.”

“Have to hide,” he wheezed through gritted teeth.

“If you hide, I can’t help you.My parents are at work til tomorrow. It’ll be just you and me.”

He looked up at her with those impossible eyes. “What if I hurt you?”

She swallowed. It hadn’t occurred to her that the strange boy lying broken in her backyard might be dangerous. She’d heard an injured cry and she had to help. Her parent’s were right. Someday, her impulsiveness would get her hurt or killed.

But she was certain it wasn’t that day. It wasn’t this stranger who would do her harm.

“I can’t leave you out here,” she said. “It’s safe inside. If you try to hurt me, I’ll call the cops or something. Come on. We’re wasting time.”

2 comments:

  1. I like it... I want to keep reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'd love to see something from your MS too if you're willing to share!

      Delete